Saturday, February 4, 2017

Tasting - Grand Cru Pinot Noir

Name: Grand Cru Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region, Country: California, USA
Year: 2014
Price: $5.95

Winery Review: "This ruby-colored wine has aromas of raspberry, cherry and a hint of vanilla. Flavors of cherry and plum lead to a soft velvety finish. This wine can be enjoyed by itself. It is also an excellent accompaniment with appetizers and main courses. This wine goes well with Brie, goat cheese and smoked salmon, lamb shanks and pork tenderloin."

My Review: The initial scent was smokey with subtle fruity flavor. I found the taste to be more on the fruity side. Definitely darker fruits like plum and cherry. Although I did not try this wine with food, after reading the winery review, I would really love to try this with some of the suggested food pairing as I think the plum like flavor would go well with the cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment